If you need an experienced lawyer to handle your case due to personal injury or a wrongful death, the process is very similar to seeking a qualified medical doctor for an injury. All of the following should be closely checked out and verified as accurately as possible:
- What kinds of cases are they experienced in handling?
- How long has the lawyer been in practice?
- What kind of reputation do they have in your community or outside your community?
- Do they have a website? If so, take a look at the types of cases they have handled. Are they complex cases and how long did they continue before settlement or jury verdict was reached?
- Do they have experience handling cases like your case?
When you have selected two or three lawyers who appear to be qualified to handle your case, call them and set up a meeting. Explain the details of your case and don’t hesitate to ask them if they actually have experience with a case like yours. If they have real experience, they should demonstrate their knowledge, ability and willingness to take the necessary action needed to get justice for you and your family.
Remember – the best lawyer for you and your family isn’t necessarily one that is close by. You may find the most highly qualified lawyer several counties away from where you live and if Segal Law Firm can help you with your case, just click on the Contact Us tab at the top of the page or call 855-344-9100.