West Virginia Hospital Negligence Lawyer
Did you receive substandard care in a hospital?
The last thing any of us expect when we enter a hospital is to be harmed by the negligence of the hospital or its staff. Hospitals are required to adhere to certain standards of care and are responsible not only for the conduct of their staff, but also for the condition of their equipment and maintenance of their facilities. Hospitals are also responsible for ensuring that the hospital’s employees are properly trained and have the necessary credentials for the jobs they are performing. The standards of care that apply to hospitals are set largely by the medical industry itself, and when they are not met the victims of the negligence are entitled to compensation for the resulting harm.
If you or someone you love has been seriously injured due to negligence on the part of a hospital, it is important that you contact a West Virginia personal injury lawyer to properly evaluate your case.
Attorney in West Virginia handling Medical Negligence
Medical malpractice by hospitals can occur in many different forms. Many injuries occur due to errors on the part of doctors and nurses who failed to keep to the required standard of care for their patients. Some of the most common forms of negligence include:
- Medication and Pharmacy Errors – Incorrectly giving a patient the wrong medication or the wrong dosage
- Laboratory Errors – Negligence in performing lab tests or reporting the results
- Inadequate Staffing and Training – Insufficient training or not having enough staff to properly care for all patients
- Mismanagement of Hospital Records – Entering incorrect dosages for medication, wrong medication, incorrect diagnosis
- Infections due to poor “housekeeping” and sterilization
- Diagnostic errors
- Lack of patient monitoring
- Emergency room mismanagement
A close study of your medical records by experts in their field is required in order to properly evaluate a hospital negligence case on your behalf.
For a knowledgeable and skilled handling of your hospital negligence case, Contact The Segal Law Firm in West Virginia.